IG Complaint Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Islamabad Police is regulated by Central Police Office, which involves three Divisions, Islamabad Model Traffic Police, Islamabad Police Information Technology Branch and centralized command & control center. Total sanctioned strength of ICT Police is 12004. Commander of the ICT Police is termed as Inspector General of Police, who is senior bureaucrat of Police Service of Pakistan. Current Commander of the ICT Police is Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar Khan. Mr. Aamir Zulfiqar Khan is a seasoned police officer with rich experience of not only field service but as well as staff assignment including human resources, development and financial management, He has vast international exposure on various assignments. Muhammad Aamir Zulfiqar Khan is playing vital role in Police reforms by taking revolutionary steps in changing traditional Police Stations into e-powered Model Police Stations. Divisions of the ICT Police are headed by their respective Deputy Inspectors General of Police, whereas Islamabad Model Traffic Police is headed by the Senior Superintendent of Police, and the Information Technology Branch by Director-Information Technology. Special Branch is another specialized entity, headed by the Assistant Inspector General of Police. Territory of Islamabad is covered by 22 Police Stations.
• Provide safe, secure and public friendly ecology to the citizens of Islamabad.
• Effective maintenance of law and order.
• Prevention and detection of crime.
• Efficient and smooth flow of traffic on the pattern of advanced traffic systems of the world.
• Protection of President and Prime Minister of Pakistan, Heads of the states and foreign dignitries visiting Islamabad, Foreign Diplomats residing in Islamabad and vital installations.
• Intelligence gathering to fulfill the objectives of police, traffic and security.
• Encourage public participation in the fight against crime – CPLC, public conciliatory committees, and human rights watch group.
• Help the citizens in times of distress – rescue-15.
With a population of two million, it is the 10th largest city of Pakistan, while the larger Islamabad-Rawalpindi metropolitan area is the third largest in Pakistan with population exceeding five million.